Monday, October 5, 2015

Wisdom on the wall

You are always there, you have always been
telling me things that you are meant to say
At the back of my mind and in front of my eyes
among my friends and among my foes
The grace in your locus and the haste in my situs
familiar – so much that contempt ran in my blood
and you were there – you have been there in my nerves
among my joys and among my worries
It takes a mishap and it takes a pain
I had to drench and endure the rain
had to seek you while you have always been there
to reveal yourself, now – in time and space
It is still the same – cart, heart and grey
the company, the mentors and the interns
your assuring gaze and steadfast support
its only me – now different from myself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...