Sunday, October 4, 2015

Half Request

My half request was not half-hearted
Yet, it remained half and poorly crafted
My eyes would convey the other half
So I thought and returned merrily jumping like a calf

My eyes did speak and you didnt hear
How much I like if i had key to your ear
Or, is it true that people speak without medium?
Where do I get this power? Does it come at a premium?

Once in a while when you utter yes
I now know - you were only playing that game of chess
When i mistake that yes, i am filled with blink of a joy
But that is good for life, even if I have been a toy

But, I will still make requests, half or otherwise
Yes it proves I am not worldly wise
But these blinks of joy - drop by drop
Will make an ocean of bliss, this now is my job

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...