Saturday, October 3, 2015

Boredom

Boredom! Nothingness. Oh what gift I have been blessed with...
I can stand, stare and leisurely test that myth
That an empty mind is supposed to be a devils workshop
Nothingness is not really zero – its hopelessness added to hope
A mind that is empty is a ground that is fertile
Hopelessness is docile now and hope that is hostile
Time that waits for no one, I can hold it still in my palm
How naïve of me – thought I will kill this boredom and apply some balm
I think therefore I am, I am bored therefore I think
And I am everything and nothing because of this drink
Thank you for boring me – you! My dear someones
I can’t return-gift in kind, I am too small for these stuns
I now can practice body-present-mind-absent art
And yet I get paid and respected from the bottom of your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...