Sunday, October 4, 2015

Happy Teachers Day!


Dear Ma’am, today my spellings are still incorrect
The names of the characters in story, I still forget
I still lie when I don’t complete my assignment
I still blame it on fever and chat-bandi’s horrible assortment

Body-Present-Mind-Absent, I still call it an art
I still look to convince everyone for that half extra mark
Remember, you called me hopeless, I am still the same
To do or not to do, Indecision- that’s still the name of the game

For, all the faults I still carry
And for all the things I do in a hurry
I am still the same child
As innocent, as charming and as mild

Your hand on my head, tousling my hair, I still cherish
Your warnings of beatings, those memories will never perish
You see, I have not changed, I am still the same chubby face
That we have not met only means I am stuck in this mad race

Dear Ma’am, I do care. I have so many things to share
Let’s meet soon, may be in the school. And my last bench is it still there?
Ma’am, wish you happy teachers day
May all the best things in life come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...