Sunday, October 4, 2015

Life in a Sinusoidal Wave

It all started when they called me a hero
and asked me to fly like an aero
Rome, it appeared was built in a day
nay, they said an hour and asked me to devise a way

What is it, that a genie's pet can't do?
I knew, I had the answer for every ado
I could get the birds to fly over a wall
They wanted the birds to swim in a wave roll

Left in the thrall of my head voice
I could only pout at my choice
Attempt, I did. I had the swans and the ducks
Lost'em all to their relentless mood flux

Press the panic button, hero's turn now!
but they claim goods are delivered, and take a bow
They found another way on how not to win
and asked me to pay for this sinful din

I had spent all the fuel reaching for the stars
with dust in my hand and visage with scars
what could I pay with sun setting on the horizon
I stood to earn, only if I slept like a dullard, wizen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...