Sunday, October 4, 2015

Of belonging

I would never have cared; so what if you scale a peak
Just that you are someone who I seek

I would never have dared; so what if you like the seas
Just that you are mine and hold all my keys

I would never have worried; so what if you search in dark night
Just that I feel restless and find you brightest light

My heart would never have cried; so what if you offer me deaf ear
Just that there are things that only you should hear

I would never have danced; so what if you sing your heart
Just that I must compliment and complete the godly art

I would never have teased; so what if it annoys
Just that the fabric of life needs colors to rejoice

I would never have chased; so what if those were your dreams
Just that your whims must be carried out whatever be the themes

I would never have listened; so what if you shout
Just that I know, you have the right to point out

I would never have envied; so what if you talk to a pal
Just that all your time is mine even if you call me a wall

I would never have shared; so what if you are ready to partake
Just that in all that I do, you have a stake

I would never have called you mine; so what if people have a name for our bonding
Just that the rhythm of my breath is based on your belonging

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...