Sunday, October 4, 2015

I could have been better, but..

Because I know, you will always ask
I will have to groom; and paint my mask
To tell you lies thin; one by one
And receive from you chants of well done

Because I know, you will always ask
I will have to claim; and do my task
To tell you it is closed
And receive thanks, before it is exposed

Because I know, you will always ask
I will have to learn and shine in your bask
To tell you dear boss
And fool you that you are wisest class

Because you think, I will always obey
You will fail to see, the loss and the decay
Only if you knew, that demands should be few
In all these folks, you could have found a beau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...