Sunday, October 4, 2015

Rascal

And sometimes I feel that you would be great company for life
but when I start thinking, I get more questions than I can find answers for
And sometimes I feel what great joy our talking brings to this world
but when I start thinking, I wonder whether you sense this delight
And sometimes I feel the curves of our fate were enlaced long time back
but when I start thinking, I see our network of paths with no apparent import
And sometimes I feel – maybe I must make the first move and let you know
but when I start thinking, I worry if that will be less than being noble
when I notice that good guys end up last and not-so-good guys get the prize
I am still not drawn to consider the generality of this premise
But when I notice that chivalry and gentleness are overrated virtues
I begin to disbelieve the rein of such niceties
But when I notice that being less than gentle is as tough as being gentle
I am drawn into a mix-up – be myself or not be myself
But when I notice that being myself is holding me up
I am drawn to transform myself into a sort of little rascal

1 comment:

  1. This is novel and captures the dichotomies of our day to day choices, existence and little rascalities inherent in them.

    ReplyDelete

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...