Sunday, October 4, 2015

Let not the finishing line...

Let not the finishing line come, let forever this journey go on
For I have thoughts to dump and plans to be drawn



Let not the finishing line come, let the clock slow down

For I have promises to keep and mend my crown



Let not the finishing line come, let’s halt for a while

For I want some space to recoup my smile



Let not the finishing line come, let the destiny alter

For I need to have a reason for this falter



Let not the finishing line come, let the sun stay set

For I need this night to get over the upset



Let not the finishing line come, let me begin again

For I know the chances that I can then reclaim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...