Monday, December 17, 2018

Moon, my dear Moon

I keep waiting for you to arrive 
Keep waiting through the day for the night to set in 
The clouds when in their playful mood blanket the Sun, I get excited you are about to appear 
I keep waiting for the Sun to depart


I keep waiting for you to arrive 
Keep waiting for the night to catch your gaze 
The stories in your absence; I keep framing how to tell you what events occurred 
I keep thinking of you, my dear Moon and what you will ask of me


When you do arrive; you come along with those twinkling stars 
And keep chatting with the stars; jesting, jostling with their tinsels 
I know, you are the heavenly moon; stars are your company in the sky 
Did you know, you are closer to me than to any of those fake twinklers


I get jealous of the stars and I did try for a while to twinkle like them 
But I am not a star, I am Earthy mortal with intense life 
And you are not a star either; shine you may but you are not a star 
And you know, I am closer to you than any of those fake twinklers can be

1 comment:

  1. The feeling i get when i read them, i cant put a word on it..thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...