Thursday, December 20, 2018

I Love You, my night

To the night I speak
What do you hide that I don't know?
I know your fears; I know your secrets

Your twinkling smile I ask
What do you conceal that I can't read?
I read your joys; I read your fun

In your silence I wonder
What sounds you suppress that I can't hear?
I hear your moods; hear your anger

In the thick of your presence
What is the darkness that I can't tame?
I tame your worries; channel your vices

In the depths of your stare
What do you want that I don't have?
I have the love; I have the eyes

Here I am, the cicada singing for you
That glow-worm is me tickling your gaze
I am also the wolf howl announcing your moods
Slithering snake for you protecting your honour


The mist is my sweat missing you as sun arrives

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...