Sunday, September 16, 2018

delayed

There are things I should have said but did not say
unsaid and unheard they dwell in me as if jailed

There are sights you should have seen but did not see
unseen and unwelcome they dwell around you as if a shadow

There are moments we should have shared but did not share
unshared and discarded they are lost in such a way as if found

There are mountains I should have scaled but did not attempt
unscaled and untouched they stare at me as if aloof

There are depths you should have dragged me but did not
unfelt and untouched they pull you down as if quicksand

There are roads we should have taken but did not
untraveled and pending they invite us as if made for us

Yet, there are things I did say and you did hear
Yet, there are sights you have seen and I did point
Yet, there are moments we did share and we did enjoy

Yes, there are mountains unscaled. can't I attempt now? mountains still exist
Yes, there are depths untouched, can't you take me down? the depths unexplored
Yes, there are roads untraveled, can't we begin the journey now? roads still fresh

1 comment:

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...