Saturday, November 7, 2015

Dad's Joy

I grew up, I fell down, got up, walked and I ran
drifted to shore like a rudderless man
The life that had been and the times that have been
Is all gone by, never again will these be seen

But…Someone like me, just like me
Is doing it all over again, there... Do you see?
Aah...Same. The way I look and the way I used to scream
What blessed joy, every moment feels like a dream!

He, my son, will do things better than I ever did!
He will do things I failed to do, this my kid
My dad knows that, on this boy, all his hopes rest
And I know, he is right that my baby is the best.



Dedicated: Ayaan and Asif (Dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...