Sunday, November 1, 2015

A man dies


Story that I am, what is my story if I don’t end
A visitor that I am, what is my stay if I don’t go
A journey that I am, what is my trip if I don’t halt
Life that I am, what is my living if I don’t die

Group that we are, what is our growth if I don’t recede
Sequels that we are, what is our flowering if I don’t wither
Game that we are, what is our play if I don’t retire
Life that we are, what is our lifeblood if I don’t die

World needs change and change needs you
Nothing will move if I stay put for ever
New birth is called for and first looks are needed
Let world breath afresh in my last gasp

You will walk my path, you will trace me later
It's perhaps not an end, surely not the onset
Make-believe and Maya, these all events
Into the unknown, my flight is confirmed

Things I wanted to do, I should have done
Will wait for me and look for a rescue
Unfinished was the destiny or my role was limited
No one is essential, world will move on…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...