Thursday, August 9, 2018

puppy love?

This the common slumber doesn't clinch me. I don't let it
Lest I may miss the chance of your banter

This the reasonable blink, my eyes can't have. I hold them
Lest these eyes may lose your wink just in case

These the news of the world don't reach me. I lock them out
Lest they dilute your thoughts that dwell inside

These the friendly talks of my pals. My ears are deprived. I restrain their power
Lest they fail to savour your giggles when they rain 

This air under my wings can never fly me. I suck it out
Lest I land on a branch away from you

This night approaching fast can't hide me. I create lightenings
Lest you may wish to stare at me just in case

These things that I do. I don't ever express. I shut my mouth
Lest you may not reciprocate and hold yourself back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...