Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Imposters in the sky

I stare into the sky from my window in this quiet night

Where are the stars I wonder

The depth of sky still visible without stars

Is it my eyes that can see so deep?

Is it the silence that knows no bounds?

Are the clouds in the sky that give me sense of vision?

Or the clouds in my heart that guide me into the depths?

Stars are absent but imposters yes, they mimic those twinkles

Do I rely on these imposters 

Nay, I see through them

Its the imposters that tell you the depth of sky

Should I make do with this tinsel ?

May be I should, without their help how can you see what’s real

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...