Saturday, May 23, 2020

words - the magic is not mine

There is a glow on my face and it’s not my joy
I radiate these words, there is no sign of night
The trickery, I don’t glitter my words
These are yours. Own them before its late

There is a prick on my skin and it’s not skin-deep
I bleed these words, there is no sign of clotting
The magic; I don’t bleed my words
These are yours. Would you care to collect?

There is a feeling in my heart and it’s not my feeling
I ooze these words, there is no sign of halt
Witchcraft, I don’t ooze my words
These are yours. You will sense someday

There is a wound on my soul and it’s not healing
I breathe these words, there is no sign of death
Sorcery, these are not my words
These are yours. They will reach you anyway




The books are drowned and it’s not my cyclone
I salvage these words, will your storm pass?
The story, I don’t rescue my words
These are yours. You have to house them from rains

There is a spell on my mind and it’s not my doing
I think these words, the thoughts don’t cease
The intellect, I don’t mouth my words
These are yours. They will cast a spell on the world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her

Her annoyance was like pleats of her saree.  Layered, symmetrical, tucked gently under a calm surface  Yet on days it was a riot of asymmetr...